Speakers and vacuum tube gear

Do you think certain tower speakers lend themselves better to vacuum tube gear rather than solid state regarding performance and fidelity? I don't mean power to drive the speakers of course, I'm asking more about "compatibility"?
rsasso
I've owned the Verity Parsifal/Encores for 10 years. They will work very well with many tube amps, but they ARE NOT a specifically tube friendly design. Low power amps, OTLs and SETs may well struggle with the load that the P/E presents them. OTOH, a well matched tube amp can sound wonderful.

Marty
Rsasso...i am not sure where you are in Vermont but if you are interested in auditioning Verity, Rockport, and Magico with both solid state (Boulder/Simaudio) or tube (ARC, Nagra, Luxman) gear, Goodwins High End in Waltham, MA (30 mins from Boston) carry all these brands. Additionally Spearit Sound (Boston) and Natural Sound (Framingham, MA) carry a wide variety of brands of speakers and electronics. Hope this helps in terms of your auditioning blues...
I've only listened to a very very small fraction of the thousands of tower speaker models ever producted, but I've yet to hear one that did not sound better with the right tube amps.

I've have never bought speakers from a solid state demo.
Merlin VSMs are about as tube friendly as they come. Basically a smooth impedance curve and highish (8 ohm or more)will make most speakers tube friendly.