Totem The One or Dynaudio Contour S1.4

I am buying a new system and have narrowed the choice two:

1. Ayre AX7E + Totem the ONE
2. Naim Nait XS+ Dynaudio Contour S1.4

My source will be a Bel Canto Dac 3 and apple lossless.

Both sytems can be listened to, but at different shops. I'm sure both are excellent, so no bad choice.

I would appreciate input from those with experience with these combinations or at least the components. How would you choose? Many thanks in advance for your thoughts.
tetoncraig
Last week I had heard the Naim 5i with Dyn Sapphires and later the super nait with the C2's. All I can say is I'm glad my dealer has carpeting or I would have had to to get stitches in my chin when my jaw hit the ground. Excellent synergy and very musical. Like Nextlevelav stated adding the P/S at a later date would only be the icing on the cake. I did listen with and without the P/S and I will say the P/S made a significant difference (for the better).
I am a Dyn C1 owner (maybe someday C2) and a Naim wanna be owner after hearing those combo's.
My vote option 2
I'd take 'The One' and pair it with the Naim XS. That's just me though. To these ears, if your looking at a set of Dynaudio monitors, you have to step things up to the Dynaudio C1's to give 'The One' some serious competition.

Either way you fly, I'd caste AYRE off the ballet list.
I recently went from Dynaudio Focus 140's to Totem The One's on the end of my Naim Supernait with a HiCap external power supply. I understand that the C1's and even the COntour 1.4 are a step up from the FOcus 140's so I am reporting on my experience.
The Totem The One's are a significant upgrade. More musical, detail and much more refined bass.
Much like Totem's other offering I simply don't understand the Ones.

Yes they are laid back.

Yes they are musical.

Yes they are small and cute.

What they are not is dynamic, sustaining any punch, and like all Totem's speakers they color sound with certain frequency's while almost muting others. It's this coloration that is musical to some but if you're not into it then I'd look elsewhere. I love the company of Totem, I just simply don't understand their design.

Dynaudio's to me offer more of the foundations of much. They perform well with all types of music, they offer dynamics and are gentle enough to be used exclusively with Jazz or acoustic.

I'm not making a recommendation to you either way, what I'm suggesting is that there is a big difference between the design approach and you should listen for yourself.
I would go for the Naim amp. Never met a Naim amp I didn't like. Ayre amps can sound great but the AX7 well I tried and brought it back to the shop in a hurry.
Cann't say to much about the speakers. Both Dynaudio and Totem make good products wether they are good for you, only you can decide that. But if you would give the options you mentioned I would defenetly go for option number 2.

Also naim CD players are also good I think.