Coincident Eclipse vs Devore

Can anyone give comparisons of the Coincident Eclipse Line of speakers vs Devore super 8's or 9's.
I have Coincident PE II's, no Devore dealers in sight and I am curious.
Thanks
Mike
128x128brm1
Jaybo,

I am sure you are correct, because there is nothing wrong with what I have!
Thanks
Mike
I own a pair of Coincidents, and am familiar with many of the other models. In addition to that, I have a local DeVore dealer, and have spent a fair amount of time listening to them.

For one, the Coincidents are far easier to drive. No question about it. The DeVores may look good on paper in that regard, but I've seen a lot of tube amplifiers just never bring them to life, so if you are interested in pairing the speakers with a moderately powered tube amplifier, that might be a bit of a consideration. Other than that, the DeVores are a bit richer and fuller, while still offering a commendable amount of detail, clarity, and information. The knock on the Coincidents is that they can be a bit too forward in the wrong system.

For what it's worth, my own opinion is that if I were interested in low - moderately powered transformer coupled tube amplification, I'd go with the Coincidents. If I were interested in a tube amplifier with some power than I'd encourage you to find a pair of DeVores to audition, as things are going to come down to personal preference. For a solid state amplifier, a system that is already a bit on the hot side, or a small room, then I would probably give the more serious consideration to DeVore.
I will soon be listening to the Devores, likely the Nines
because this dealer did not have the Silverbacks." The Devores may look good paper in that regard, but I've seen alot of tube amplifiers just never bring them to life." Just curious. What would be your guess for tube power that would get the most out of the Super 8's, Nines... This is obviously based alot on opinions, and personal preferences, as well as room size. I would tend to believe that dealers may exaggerate their opinions on this subject in general for many of their speaker lines. That said, the Devores are often paired with 40-80 watt range tube amps. Sometimes even lower powered ones from what I understand.
Trelja,

Sorry it has taken so long for me to respond back. If Devore's are hard to drive why then do they match them with low powered amps like Leben and Shindo, that only put out about 10-12 watts. Reading your comments, I would not think that would work well at all. I have a Cary sli80, but have always wanted a SET amp, so I would not want to make a mistake and buy speakers that would not work well. As you pointed out the Coincident are very versital when it comes to amplification. My room is 14x18 with a cathedral ceiling, so its not that big. The "Lush" you speak of in regards to the Devore's, is something I like. I do like my Coincident speakers, but I like the driver arrangement on the Devore's. I had the Coincident a SEIII's and sold them (bad move), but have always like the De'oppolitto arrangement that they had, but not the amount of drivers in those speakers, too many! Your thoughts are always appreciated.
Thanks
Mike
Mike,

I auditioned the DeVores with Shindo Corton-Charlemagne (25 watts) and they were a wonderful combination. I would agree that the DeVore sound is just slightly to the polite side of neutral while the Coincident house sound is just slightly forward of neutral. Both are excellent speakers.

Good luck