Best sub 4000 dollar standmount.

I'm in the market for a standmount with a big sound that can work in a samller room yet have a big enough sound for a larger one too. I have amps with plenty of power. A musical Fidelity KW550 and a Krell Kav 400xi also.

I'm particularly interested in The Usher 718be and how it compares specifically to the Sonus Faber Auditor M, Dynaudio Contour S1.4 and possibly the Proac D2.

Any opinions greatly appreciated.
neilb
Vandersteen....

Interesting. We rarely see any of those in the uk but there are a few here in Vietnam. Very curious looking things. Maybe I will take a listen...

Interesting to see the pairings the dealers put together in the states. Over here Krell and MF are thought to match very well to Dynaudio and Krell is also often mated with Sonus Faber, the latter due partly to Krells slight percieved coldness and SF's warmth balancing each other out but also because they are distributed by the same companies. This may well be the case in the states too.

So many shops sell limited ranges. I can buy all of my previously mentioned speakers here but there isn't anywhere I can do a head to head shootout.

A great pity.
i agree, there is alot out there with no way to listen to them, what a shame....the vandersteen speakers are on of the great buys in speakers..hope you find the right ones...we all have different ears, eye candy.....good listening..dwitt
SP Technology Timepiece Minis. Check out the SP Technology circle over at Audiocircle, I have them and can't say enough good things about them, and neither can the owners of them or their bigger brother, the Timepiece 3.0's. Either of these would be exactly what you're looking for.
hi , without question the revel gems, you can find them used for under 4,000 these days, I have a good friend that has them and they are still an amazing speaker !!! better than most speakers I have heard regardless of cost, good luck, chrissain