Narrowed speaker selection down to 5 choices

I like all kinds of music. My new room is 13.5x21x9. My amp is Spectron Mus. III SE MK2 w/ all MIT cabling. Speakers are: PBN EPX, Thiel 3.7, Revel studio 2, Dynaudio Contour S5.4, and Focal 1037BE. Speaker will be on short(13.5") wall. Speaker must excell in imaging,resolution,midrange presence,dynamics,tight articulate bass(no muddy midrange,or bloat),and full freq. range. I now have Dali Helicon 400 MK 2. I love the Dali's imaging but, I can't get past a little midrange glare. Tried speaker cables,amps,room postioning,etc. Nothing seems to tame this speakers voicing in this room. Now my old room was 23x28x14 and the Dalis sang in that room. I had more weight and and bass in the larger older room. I would have never guessed that the Dali's would be leaner in the newer smaller room. Help, Opiions needed. If you can think of other speakers in the 5K to 8K range that may work for me then let me have it.
philefreak
I should note I had the SF Cremonoa monitors not the floor standers!!!!!!!!! Just thought I should clarify.
The Apogee's are not electrostatic but I think I know where you're going. Actually, the Sound Labs that I owned were VERY dynamic--not bass thumping as in a subwoofer, but PLENTY realistic enough for my musical tastes. Plus I was using them in a room that's about 25X22X20, and open into a kitchen area through two 6'plus casement doors at the opposite end of the speakers, and open above and behind them to a loft area on the second floor. Needless to say, VERY large an area. So any lack of dynamics would have been easily a problem in that size room.
Maybe at least looking at current day Electrostats of Sound Lab quality might be worth while. With your budget, I would think you could find something. IMHO
Hey Todd,

Have you considered Dali MS4? Very nice speakers. You do need to carefully select associated components and cables with the Dalis but you can certainly make these speakers work for you.

Dynaudio S5.4 will be very good. Although these are on the opposite end of the Dalis as far as presentation. Dynaudio are smooth, with silky highs and very nice midrange with no glare at all(at least I don't get it in my system).
However, I think the Dyns are a bit more relaxed than the Dalis when it comes to dynamics. The biggest advantage with the Dyns is that you can listen to music for hours and hours and never get listener fatigue.

Another choice for me would be B&W 803D.

it will be tough to beat the resolution of the Dalis though.

Bottom line is, go and listen to as many speakers as you can. Only way to determine what you like.

Good luck.
Oh my God, get the Sophias man...you will never regret investing in a Wilson speaker from either a sonic standpoint or a financial one. Wilsons are always sought after and they hold their value better than any:) Easy to drive as well!