Vandersteen 1 in the nearfield, for rock music?

Are these speakers good for rock music in a small bedroom listening in the nearfield?

I currently have a pair of PSB Stratus Mini's and am looking for something similiar but with smoother treble and more bass.
dave123456
YES......For me, my Vandy 1C's work wonderfully with all music. Deep Purple's "Made in Japan" or the Allman Brothers' "Live at Fillmore East" or the Dead's "Dick's Picks" stuff sounds just as amazing as Miles Davis and Sonny Rollins and Dave Brubeck.

I'm talking maybe 6-7 feet away. I noticed the PSB's I currently have are good in the nearfield compared to most other speakers iv'e heard.

Iv'e also owned Audio Note Ax-Two, Klipsch Heresy and POLK Lsi9's. All of these are good in their own way, but none of them really suit my needs.
The Vandersteen 1C will do more for you than a stand mount box.
The 1C offers a phase and time correct low diffraction baffelless design approach.
these features help the speakers to disappear nicely.
The transmission line Bass loads out the back of the speaker very low toward the floor. This allow a smoother more predictable in room bass response allowing the bass not to compete or confuse the mid band area.
Make sure you read the well written manual with tilt back and leveling.
Best John