record out on integrated amp

I am interested in potentially trying to use an integrated tube amp as a tube buffer to feed the ss integrated via the record out of the tubed unit. I know the record out is not volume controlled.
My question is does anyone know if the record out of the tube integrated amp would go through the tube circuitry and will retain the "tubiness" or it's basically just a pass through from whatever it is fed into it?

Thanks
mofojo
In most although not all designs the selected input just goes through very minimal circuitry before being routed to the record out jacks. In many cases that circuitry is just the input select switch and a resistor.

There is another issue beyond that, however. Most tube power amplifiers or integrated amplifiers, or at least those which have output transformers, should not be operated without either a speaker or an equivalent load resistor being connected. Otherwise damage to the output transformer and/or the output tubes might result from what is called "inductive kickback." The chances of damage if no speaker or resistive load is connected would be greatly minimized if the volume control on the integrated is turned all the way down, so that no signal goes through its power amp section. It would still not be good practice IMO, though, as transients generated at turn-on or turn-off by circuitry that is "after" the volume control might in effect put a brief "signal" through the output transformers, resulting in inductive kickback.

Regards,
-- Al
If you have a problem that's so extreme where you would actually consider doing what you're talking about, I say just fix the problem and be done with it. There's almost no chance that you'll be happy with the result. Tubes don't always fix problems like people think they do.

The most I would do, in your case, is to try an actual tube buffer, because that's what you're asking for. Musical Fidelity makes them. If a product like that doesn't work, you need to try something else.
want the best sound? eliminate all ss, and go tubes all the way. or, keep ss sound and try to be satisfied with it. half way will just keep you trying more things that will not help in the long run.