Should I upgrade from B&W CDM 7SEs to Quad 22L2s

I have endured my current setup for about a year now. Been in this addiction for about that long. I am driving the B&Ws with a Rotel BB-1080. Source is a CI-Audio VDA-2 fed by a squeezebox, with a Monolithic PA-1 preamp. I am about to upgrade my amp to an Odyssey Stratos Stereo with upgraded caps. Wanted advice as to whether I should change out my speakers for the Quads. Don't know where I can audition the Quads here in Minneapolis, so was hoping to get some input as to the virtues of going ahead with this switch. My main problem the B&Ws is its harsh treble. I am hoping the new amp will smooth it out, but I am pretty pessimistic about that. Will the Quads be less treble heavy, and overall a better speaker. Thanks in advance for all counsel.
adamaley
I agree, the Rotel will sound more bright with the CDM7's than the Odyssey, I live in MPLS and if you would like to hear Odyssey Lorrelei's with Odyssey mono's, send me an e-mail. I also have CDN7's in my 2nd system with Rotel.
Jeff
I have a pair of 22L2s (bought them specifically to get away from harsh brightness I found with a pair of Monitor Audio Silver 8s). The Quads work very well with warmer solid state gear and present a nice soundstage and good bottom end response. Beautiful finish too.

A cheaper route might be to skip the Quads and buy several pairs of used upper end ICs and power cords and mix/match for a sound that suits your taste since the Quads can be a little bright with the certain gear. Just resell the ICs/cords you choose not to keep. I had to do that with the Quads i own once I switched amps from a Musical Fidelity integrated to a Sunfire TGA5200.
Thanks for the invitation Jdodmead, I might take you up on that offer someday, if and when I have the budget for that much of a speaker upgrade.
With all due respect.... cables will not fix your problem. The B&W CDM series is bright. I don't think the tweeter integrates well with the mids, sounds like you don't either...

Yes, the Quads are much better speaker overall. More coherent, less bright (smooth soft done tweeter), and much more transparent. The B&Ws sound like a box with some drivers in it. The Quads sound much closer to real music.
I found that the Quad 22L and the Rotel made a good match. The Quads were laid back and the Rotel's power and aggressiveness seemed to match well.