First ARC REF-75-SE coming my way.

I recently sold my ARC REF-75 in order to get the new REF-75-SE. Its coming my way this coming week. Maybe shipping on Monday or Tuesday ... so I should have it by Thursday or Friday. Word has it that the KT-150 tube upgrade that a lot of us know about, and took advantage of, is only about half of the improvement in the new issue. The rest of the improvements come from tons of parts upgrades that won't/can't be addressed here. My reliable source tells me that the upgraded to SE status REF-75, REF-150 and the REF-250's are the best amps ARC has ever built by far. Supposed to be a lot better than the current REF series completely broken in, cold right out of the box. Also, there will be an upgrade available to users of the current REF-series amps. Call ARC tech support for the price. Stay tuned ... more to come.

Happy listening ...
128x128oregonpapa

Very nice! I would be interested in hearing just how much of a difference the se version makes. I have a Ref 110 right now and I have considered upgrading. I could probably get a good deal on a demo right now or is the se version that much better. What is ARCs projected life span for the kt150? They are suppose to last longer than either the 6550 or kt120, correct? Thanks.
You might want to wait for the SE. I hear its pretty significant. Not only are the new kt 150's put in but the amp has some circuit changes done to re voice the amp for that tube. ARC says is the equivalent to the difference between the Ref 5 and the 5 SE. The upgrade is $2500 but if you buy it new it's $1000 more. Depends on the deal you are getting on the used one and weather or not warranty is a big deal or not.
Dang ... ARC is still waiting for the SE badges to clear customs from Italy. Amp most likely will ship sometime this coming week.

Lotsbears ... according to my source at ARC, the REF-SE amps (REF-75, 150 and 250 monos) set a new bar for amps. They say its the best ARC has done to date ... and that it blows away the original REF-75. I installed the KT150's in the REF-75 I just sold and it was a night and day upgrade for the amp. The SE version is supposed to get another 50% improvement over that. They say its mind boggling in its realism and three dimensionality.