How to ship speakers

Other than carefully packaging, what's the best way to ship speakers across country considering carrier, insurance, etc. any good recommendations?
tensnet
How big are they? Always double box, and if they're bigger speakers [100 lbs each], I would use a freight company, and make sure that they STRAP BOTH SPEAKERS NEXT TO EACH OTHER ON A PALLET.
Always place and stick a lot of "Fragile orange sticker" aound the box provide by Fed Ex or ask the counter.If you have a lot these Fed Ex guys wiill be more carefull all the time.I shipped a lot with this easy technique and never have a problem....always insured your item sold.Good luck.
I have shipped my Zu Definitions back and forth to the factory using FEDEX ground without any problem. It is easy to track the progress online.
Most important is to make sure you protect the most damage prone area on any speaker when shipped the corners and the bottom of the speaker. They are always damaged with most parts of the body not being damaged. So when packing always protect them the "corners" with the original box if no original box then make sure to add much stuffing and cut up another box and use it to wrap around corners and also using cheap 10 buck pillows from walmart on the bottom and top will cushion.