Shahinian Obelisk Passive Radiator Replacement

I just bought a pair of good condition Shahinian Obelisk speakers at a garage sale for $5 :-). Unfortunately, both 10" passive radiators had been completely removed and are gone. Shahinian Acoustics wants $275 for a replacement pair. Parts Express has replacements for $60 (http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=295-494). There are also used pulls from good speakers on ebay for $25+ dollars.

My question is are passive radiators that sonically critical and precisely matched that I have to buy the $275 pair from Shahinian or could I get by with one of my other choices without muddling up the speakers? And if so which ones? Or are there other choices or vendors I should consider for the replacement? Thanks for the advice!!
zymaze
Thanks for your many responses. I understand and appreciate the purest perspective. I really have no idea what the speaker are worth so my query arose from a practical perspective aimed at bring the speakers up to snuff at minimal cost.

Please excuse my ignorance but there is very little information available on this company or its speakers. I would not ask for your valuable time if there were numerous of reviews and test results I could study. Most reviews are from the last few years and address the current models which have evolved much since my speakers were made.

I was not sure(and I am still not sure) if the PR was just a plastic cap or a drone speaker with a cap. I did not see any screw holes in the opening and I thought it might just be a cap that was glued in place.

Are there PR's that are just caps? On eBay I saw this: http://cgi.ebay.com/10-Passive-Radiators-PR-Speaker-Radiator-ESS-P-10PK_W0QQitemZ190092820392QQihZ009QQcategoryZ14993QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247
Is that a PR that is simply a cap?

I have read that newer Obelisk's have weighted done speakers but I was not sure that was the case with much earlier versions.

I can understand special imported weighted PR's with installation kit costing $275. But, I have trouble imagining plastic caps jutifying that price. Especially if they sell on eBay for $35. I have emailed Shahinian Acoustics but I wanted this group's opinions first since my experience has been that if you ask a company if you should use their products they will invariably say yes.

And if you read my post I never complained, I am just trying to make an informed decision.

Lastly, does anybody know how the grill cover and pyramid on these speakers are best removed for inspection of the drivers?

Thanks again.
The one's on eBay are for rebuilding only. You must have the PRs to rebuild which you don't.
FWIW, I've heard that Obelisk's in good condition sell for between $1000-1500. Yes, you got the screaming deal of the century. Using OEM parts for repair will retain resale value.
As others have stated or implied, you got one heck of a deal on this speaker. If I were you, I would get a quote from Richard and Vasken Shahinian to bring your speakers up to date all around. Yes, it may be several hundreds of dollars with shipping but at the end of the day, you will have something worth much more. I mean this in instant gratification of a sound signature as well as investment for a future re-sale. Food for thought...you will find others who would be willing to purchase them as is if you are resonable and realistic in your asking price.
Apparently you didn't read my previous post. That junk on eBay(it IS a PR, not just parts or a "cap") WILL NOT perform properly with your system(or anyone else's, unless they just get REALLY lucky). Bite the bullet and buy the passive radiator that was designed for your system!