Emerald Physics CS-2, Opinions Please

Hello all:

I found and read a couple of older threads regarding these speakers, I've been talking with the dealer, and I have read everything I could find on the internet. I understand the DSP's role and the need to bi-amp. The last step befor I plunk down the plastic, is to ask those of you that have them what you think?

What are the pluses and minuses? If you have had them for a couple of months are you still happy? any regrets?

Best regards,

Dave
consttraveler
My own experience with Robert Greene is that he doesn't join this or that product's "fan club"; he maintains an objective position. For example, he really likes the performance of the Gradient 1.3 and the Harbeth monitor 40, but is also well aware of each speaker's limitations and I'm sure would acknowledge them if the subject came up.

Duke
dealer/manufacturer
Duke, good info and worth keeping in one's back pocket. IMO what makes for integrity is not that you blindly repeat the same thing for ever, but that you are open to new info and can recognize good with bad and acknowledge both, and pitch your tent where you believe it belongs.

Equally important is the strength of character to match words with actions; do as you say you will do, act based on your words and beliefs, and don't break promises unless your circumstances are genuinely dire.

People who don't do these things lose credibility and trust of others, and there are as many of them in audio as in any other avenue of life.

I have not followed the writings of REG particularly but will keep an eye out for the two differing opinions posted above. Although getting a little off the thread's subject it is useful to know.
KcK- TacT 2.2X

Duke- Since REG is currently recommending your product, I'm
sure you agree with him. Other than the M40, look at all the other products he's given GEAs. Have they been successful?

BTW- Join his forum and look at his listening room. If you want to sit on a book on a stool and listen in the nearfield, he's your guy.
Check the classifieds, wow.. Fad or Fact? This seems to be a pretty short lived model for most, I never heard them so I have no comments on that aspect of it.
For such a new speaker does seem like folks resell quickly but the economy could be responcible for some of the listings.