Digital Amplifier Questions

I've been wondering the following:

1. Do digital amps benefit from being left on 24/7in the same way the ss amps do?

2. Is plugging a digital amp into a different outlet as your preamp as crucial compared to a ss amp?

3. Do digital amps have small transformers? If so, is distancing equipment from one another less important? (My peachtre Nova Pre/220 look best stacked)

4. When upgrading power cords on a digital amp, do you look for cords that do well with digital gear like your preamp and dac, or do you still go for a beefy cord?

I apologize ahead of time for my ignorance on the matter! Thanks!
128x128b_limo
Hi Mapman, what is fascinating is that the NCore NC1200 modules do not seem to leak RF into the air regardless of power supply design.... Merrill Veritas use the basic non regulated Hypex SMPS that matches the power conversion module... While Rowland M925 uses a custom massive multi-regulated SMPS.... Neither amps generate any extra noise in an FM tuner operating near them.

Perhaps Tim can do the test on his D-Sonic powered by the AbleTech module and tell us results.

All, please note that if some RF leak occurs, that does not mean at all that the particular class D amp does not generate good music... the ICEpower ASP1000-based Bel Canto Ref1000 Mk.2 and Rowland M312 remain absolutely marvelous amps... Just do not stack an FM tuner just on top of them.

G.
That's interesting to hear.

I know the technology continues to evolve and noise isolation is an important part of the overall equation.

I find with the BC ref1000m, with just a little physical isolation from other components, as seen in my system picture, the only noise issues I encounter is with unshielded ICs. The DNM Reson ICs are my preferred ones in my main system and I am able to use those to good effect from pre-amp to amps, but I do have to play with the physical location/path of teh wires to avoid RF noise. With other more common shielded ICS, it is not an issue. I With things set up properly, I can put my ear up to the isotar tweeters in the Dynaudios and hear nothing with no music playing. So its just a matter of proper setup to provide teh extra touch of isolation needed, which is never a bad thing to consider doing.
Guido,

Any familiarity with the Class D audio amps? These seem like they must be a great bargain. If teh noise isolation is up to par with the latest and greatest as well, that might just be the icing on the cake.
Hi Mapman, no I have never had an amp manufactured by Class D Audio in my system.
Every component that I've ever had, preamp, amp, dac, etc, has benefited sonically by leaving it on. Even tubes, I eventually turned off my tube gear to save on life, but on long lasting pre amp tubes, I did experiment over a few weeks never turning them off and you could hear it.