Would Vandersteen 5a's be a good match for Krell?

Krell 350 mcx's.
radrog
The Krell Army may not like it but please consider this. Vandy owners often choose tube electronics to bring out the best tonality of their speakers. In my experience, Krell electronics are at the opposite end of the sonic spectrum from tube gear. Therefore, even if you want to stay with SS electronics, I believe many other options could provide a better match.

A second point, Krell amps are best known for their bass control. Since the Vandy 5as have their own woofer amps, the Krell would be bypassed in the bass range. Therefore, you would not be hearing the Krell for what they do best.

But as with every question on audio, it will depend on what you like best. At this price point, your personal audition should be mandatory.
Any top notch amp like the Krell would be a good match. I would go for a tube amp myself since the 5As have their own powered subs.
Pryso

- The Krell Army (yeah we're gonna invade any day now)
- Krell electronics are at the opposite end of the sonic spectrum from tube gear - except they also make music sound great
- Krell is best known for its bass control - and mids and treble, soundstage, dynamics, timbre rendering, etc.

Look, come over to my place and listen to my Krell system. I also have tube gear and Krell is not at the opposite end of any spectrum.

Recalibration is in order here and a new perspective is needed. This anti-Krell sentiment dog no longer hunts simply because this larger-than-life-target-also-based-on-fear-of-terrorists is too easy to aim and fire at.

How many pieces of Krell gear have you/do you owned/own?

Back on thread, my friend has Parasound JC-1s and they sound fabulous with his 5As.
I am useing Martin Logan Odassey's and they just seem to be missing somethin. I heard the Vandersteen 5a's with Audio Research and it was a fabulous sound. I am not able to afford amp-preamp change.