Hyperion HPS-938 speakers

Has anyone had any experience with the Hyperion HPS-938? Seem to be having a problem with them being bright in the top end, lean in the mids, and light on the base. In all the reviews I have read never any talk of these problems. I have Arcam gear and Nordost cables. Have had them for quite some time. Any thoughts??
hawkeye43
Hawkeye43...There is no "correct" way for the driver cone to move for a + voltage input. There are good arguments for both directions being correct, but it really doesn't matter because if you think that absolute phase is important you can always swap the speaker wires around. JBL drivers, for an example of one manufacturer, has the cone pull in for a + voltage.
In my experience if a speaker sounds bright to you in a specific room no amp or cables will help the situation.

On that note, I own Hyperion's smallest monitors and they are horribly bright. I have to add an L-pad.
I also own Hyperion monitors on my second system and they are definitely NOT bright, they even are on the dark side of neutral.
They sounded bright right out of the box but after 40 or 50 hours of breakin everything sounded really fine.

I also think that Nordost cables are the main problem on Hawkeye system, i think you should try some good copper cables, Analysis plus for example.
Different experiences and performance with the same speakers or same line of speakers means one thing. As with all speakers, their performance is highly dependent on the associated electronics, front end, wires, room, AC, isolation, etc. -You need SYNERGY-

Based on the high opinions of your speakers, Hawkeye43, I'd keep the 938's and build a new system around them.
Well I pulled the trigger, I purchased a McIntosh MC-207. It should be here around Wednesday. Looking foward to getting it in and seeing what it can do for the Hyperions. Curious to see if it matches up well with my Nordost and Audioquest cables. If not there will be some cables for sale. My local dealer says that Mac and Nordost match up well, his opinion (he is a dealer for both). If not,there isn't many other options here locally. Will have to go to somewhere like the cable company, and in my experience they are spotty when it comes to service. They do have a huge selection of cables though.

Hopefully, this is the start of building a true "higher" end system. Next will probably be a pre-amp. But that is down the road.