Ayre MX-R Twenty upgrade

I just received my MX-R amps back from Ayre post upgrade. The upgrade is unbelievably apparent. With just a few hours of running the most noticeable improvements are in dynamics and bass. The soundstage has widened as well. I am finally hearing what Wilson X-2.2 bass is capable of. Associated equipment is Ayre KX-5 preamp, Ayre QB-9 DSD, and Shunyata Zitron cabling. I highly recommend the upgrade. It's really shocking how much more dynamic, clear, and powerful the sound is.
spearl8
I recently got my VX-5 - now VX-5 Twenty - back from Ayre and am blown away by the increased control of bass and wonderful musicality. I can't imagine purchasing another amp...until of course I pick up the MX-R Twenty!
Funny how we all talk about the GREAT bass it now has. I also have noticed, with more and more break in, that the detail and sweetness on the top end is the best I've heard from any SS amp. The mids are just correct and with the inky blackness of the noise floor (call it a quiet floor), it makes these amps as good as anything I've heard on the market so far. Even dealers who carry other brands that are esoteric are saying the same thing. You know they are great when the dealers are using only these for their demos. ;)