Best Speakers to match Ayre V-1xe and K-1xe

I've listened to a lot of options in the last 3 weeks. Wilson Sophias and Watt Puppy 8's, Dynaudio C2's and C4's, Avalaon Indras. I wish I could hear Vandersteen 5a's but no local dealer. Does anyone who knows well or owns Ayre gear comment on the best fit?
mmike84
Thanks Matt. That's actually very helpful. I really like the C-2's which I have heard, but the C-4's are not in stock locally. I saw a review where the reviewer had a V-1x and he said it did not have enough power to drive the C-4's. From your comments either he was mistaken, or the "e" fixed the issue. I would love WP 8's and I bet you are right, however at $28k new, and $22k new they are a significantly higher investment than the C-4's or Sophias. My only hesitation with the Sophias is my room is large and has a lot of furniture in it so I thought the height of the C-4's would make them perform better in my environs. Thanks for your input, and I welcome any other comments or suggestions you might have for me.
I use my V-1xe and K-1xe, together with a C-5xe, with Thiel 2 2. Sounds extremely good to me. I would suggest an audition of the Thiel 2.4 (which I have heard with the 1 series and are excellent) and 3.7 (which I have not heard).
I would be shocked if you found that Ayre front end combo insufficient to drive the C4's - that's a stout amp.

You don't highlight your room size or listening habits. I can only comment on the Dyns - I've owned the C2's and C4's, amongst several other models - but have never heard some of the others or only at shows.

If you have a medium sized room (say 15x20 or smaller), the C2's are a wonderful speaker and the Ayre front-end would be a great match.

If you have a large room, the C4's are a much better choice and, again, I think would mate very well with the Ayre gear. When I moved my C2's from a medium room to a very large room, I wasn't nearly as satisfied. The C4's are really in a whole other league when you get into "big" music - rock, large-scale orchestral, etc. - but really need the room to support them.

If you've heard all the speakers on your list, hopefully you've formed an opinion of which you liked best, given the different conditions under which you heard them. I think the Ayre gear will compliment the sound of all of the speakers you mention, not change the character, so if there was a clear favorite from your auditions, I'd think you'd be safe to go with that.
Is there any good speaker that doesn't sound good with Ayre? proabably not. Although I suspect they would be less than optimal with underdamped speakers; aren't all their designs NFB? I know they sound superb with Merlin VSMs, but it seems like you want a larger speaker.
Kthomas- Thanks for your response. My listening room is very large and I listen to Rock and Jazz at fairly high levels. My favorite speaker I've heard is the Avalon Isis. They are really amazing. However at $62k they had better be. The next best in my opinion was Wilson. I really liked the Watt Puppy 8's but they are a bit more than I could (would is a better word) swing. I'm planning to go with the C-4's once I get a few other items straightened out (like my wife's objections). I really appreciate your comments, and they have helped me make my mind up to try the C-4's.