Bryston BP26 with Pass Labs

Interested in auditioning a Bryston BP26 with my Pass Labs x250.8. Anybody listen to this combo?
chad2635
Hey Zd, Bob said he had both in his system and didn't notice a difference. Um, pretty much says he listened to both. Have you had a Bryston preamp in your system to directly compare with a Pass pre? And then there's always the personal taste variable of course.
My brother in law has a BP25 and a Pass Aelph. If he uses single ended cables between them there is a hum. Balanced cables eliminate the hum. Other than that no problems and sounds great.
"02-16-15: Soix
Hey Zd, Bob said he had both in his system and didn't notice a difference. Um, pretty much says he listened to both."

I was just being sarcastic. We've had disagreements in the past, and I just don't believe him. To make a long story short, he says that he doesn't have to listen to gear. He can tell you how it sounds just by looking at the specs. Now, all of the sudden, he did a listening evaluation between Bryston and Pass preamps? I believe, that if he really did compare the 2 preamps in his system (and I have my doubts that he actually did), he wouldn't say that he heard a difference even if he really did hear one. Even in a moderately revealing system, you would have to be almost deaf, not to hear some type of difference between the 2.

"Have you had a Bryston preamp in your system to directly compare with a Pass pre? And then there's always the personal taste variable of course."

Nope. Like I said above, its a match that really doesn't make sense. Unless I needed some type of a bandaid fix for something, I can't see myself considering them both. They're the polar opposite of each other, and I don't really believe in bandaid fixes.
I don't see how Bryston and Pass preamps are polar opposites. They're both solid state designs that seem to strive for neutrality. I certainly hear my BP6 to be very neutral, and Bob wasn't able to hear any meaningful differences with them both in his system. Now the amps may be a different story, especially when it comes to the Pass pure Class A models.

By the way, IMHO Bryston preamps are under appreciated and unfortunately get over shadowed by the amps.
"02-17-15: Soix
I don't see how Bryston and Pass preamps are polar opposites. They're both solid state designs that seem to strive for neutrality."

I think I see your point. Its just a box with some knobs on it. I'm willing to bet that if you looked at a spec sheet, you could tell how these preamps sound without even listening to them.