cable lifters, how to maximize benefit?

I am making cable lifters for both my father and myself, and am curious with it being winter how quickly the Static and negative effects of carpet disapear? Also when I insert them will a ZeroStat Zap treatment help, should they be disconnected and placed away from carpet for any length of time? Thanks
chadnliz
I would think that the Zerostat would help, but for how long? You gonna zap those cables after every disc? Once a week? Month? Then there is the new Furutech DeStat that is supposed to be even better than the Zerostat. Maybe you could use them together, perhaps by first zapping the cables with the Zerostat, then after fifteen minutes using the Furutech DeStat, then back to the Zerostat. Then there is the Nordost ECO3 Anti-Static Spray. Perhaps this could be incorporated into your routine as well, no? Oh wait, what about the new Shunyata Research Dark Field Cable Elevator? These are supposed to, "allow static charges to migrate through the elevator eliminating the build up of static." Maybe you could use these instead of your home-brew risers and follow the above routines as well. Did you know that not all cables respond to risers because the static field is rejected before it can do any harm and the jacket is stuffed with vibration absorbing particles? [SMACK!] Shut up seasoned!
You might want to buy yourself a room humidifier. Reduces both static and dry nasal membranes!
There is no obvious static issue, never get zapped, I only intend to try to rid the cable of any energy in it when I install them and looking for advice if my hunch was correct or not. I will just hook them up when complete and see what happens, thanks guys for your input.