Amp and preamp on same outlet?

Just how much of a no-no is this? ARC goes as far to print in their manual to say to have the amp and preamp on their own circuit. I live in an apt. and I'm forced to have both plugged into the same outlet. Cords just don't reach....How much sound quality is lost by doing this? It sounds great as is, but is there a major detriment to this? I'm curious.
audiolover718
03-06-15: Jea48
Edit to my last post.

Do you know the ampere rating of the circuit breaker mounded in the back rear panel of the amp? 15 amp? 20 amp? Do you know if it is a magnetic trip breaker only?

@Jea48

I received info from Patrick Bresnahan at Krell that these are 50 amp breakers.

I provided some info in my previous post about how it works.

Cheers
"Far better than any penny you have ever heard Michael."

I beg to differ; the NOS stamped pennies have better imaging and micro-detail than those Far East-sourced OEM cast plugs. It's actually a gnat taking the whizz on the second chair cellist. I can clearly hear the up and down pitch characteristic. For a typical fly, with a much lower incidence of BPH, you have a single steady pitch note. And it's 18" further to the right.
Jea and Jmcgrogan, I thought you two already knew that you can't teach a pig to sing, and I'm certainly not going to try. I think my post explained everything pretty clearly. If you already know it can't make a difference, then I guess it certainly isn't worth your time to actually try it.
For those who are open minded enough to try things like power cords, outlets, dedicated lines, etc., they will actually get to enjoy their systems even more. Those that don't won't.
Good listening,
M
I have two dedicated lines, but use only one. The benefits and cost of ac filters mean that I can afford only one and seeing to isolating it from vibrations also means use of only one outlet. Years ago I tried to have each mono block on one dedicated outlet. I found the filters were of much greater benefit than separate lines.

03-09-15: Ct0517

03-06-15: Jea48
Edit to my last post.

Do you know the ampere rating of the circuit breaker mounded in the back rear panel of the amp? 15 amp? 20 amp? Do you know if it is a magnetic trip breaker only?

@Jea48

I received info from Patrick Bresnahan at Krell that these are 50 amp breakers.

I provided some info in my previous post about how it works.

Cheers
Ct0517
Ct0517,

Thank you for taking the time and finding out the rating of the breaker.

50 amp breaker.... 'IF' we are to assume the breaker handle rating of the breaker is 50 amps that could explain the power consumption max rating given in the Krell owner manual.

6000 max. watts / 115Vac = 52.17 amps.

‘IF’ , The 700CX amp has two 4kva power transformers.
4000VA, watts, / 115 = 34.8 FLA primary amps, secondary fully loaded for each transformer. (For purposes of transformer rating only).

Note, this assumes there is not any other current limiting fusing after the load side of the rear panel 50 amp main breaker of the Krell amp for each power transformer primary winding.

Secondary fuse protection could/would limit the amount of power that could be drawn from each power transformer as well.

The 50 amp rear panel breaker limits the max FLA combined total possible connected load of the two transformers by a little over 80%.
34.8 X 2 = 69.6 X 80% = 55.68.

So what else limits the mains 115Vac power for the 700CX amp? The branch circuit breaker in the electrical panel. Though remember the branch circuit is meant to protect the branch circuit wiring not what is connected to it at the wall receptacle. It is the manufacture's responsibility to select the proper NEMA plug for the FLA load for his equipment. If he say the equipment should be connected to a 20 amp circuit then his equipment must not draw more than 16 amps FLA. The plug on the end of the cord shall be a NEMA rated 125V 20 amp plug. PERIOD!

So far I have resisted giving any, "what if", happens in this thread concerning the Krell 700CX.

So if the branch circuit feeding the amp is 30 amps, what if there is a ground fault event anywhere in the 120Vac power wiring inside the amp, including the hot side fed of a primary winding of one of the 4kva transformers, to the safety equipment grounded metal chassis of the amp? Will the ground contacts of the plug/wall receptacle combo be able to handle the ground fault current that will travel back to the source, the electrical panel? If the receptacle and plug are NEMA 30 amp rated and UL and or CSA Listed then yes the equipment ground contacts of the plug and receptacle will be able to handle the possibly extremely high current the 30 amp breaker can supply until it reacts to the ground fault load current placed on it and hopefully trips open and breaks the ground fault circuit.

If it's a NEMA 5-15P plug/5-20R receptacle connection who knows? Not the manufacture of the devices. Not UL or CSA.
And I would be willing to bet Krell doesn't know either.