We have a Winner -- Major "MINI" monitors

I just have to point out that I am one of the first recipients of the new Model SPTECH Mini speakers. To call these 40 pound each beautiful finished loudspeakers Minis is an OxyMoron. They actually cross over at 800hz so most pf the midrange is handled by one driver! But I have to tell you that after only 5 hours of use, these speakers can beat just about anything on the market today. In some ways, there really isn't anything that at much much higher prices can sound as good as the trade offs begin piling up. I exposed them to some ungodly power barrage usinga 1000wpc amplifier and they did not even blink. The sound coming out are what I call the epitome of a speaker design in that they sound both life like and musical at the same time. This is no small feat. Instruments are so well defined that the umpteen speakers I have owned can't hold a candle to them. Bob the designer and engineer is a terrific guy and very knowledgeable. These speakers destroy anything in their range and most audiophiles would be well served to try and listen to these or anything in the line above the Minis I assume. I just had to pass this on, because I am one of the lucky owners. I want to point out that I have zero affiliation with SP, but am in love wit this product. I believe you can buy them on Audiogon? They are worth several times the current asking price. Don't take my word, try and hear for yourself! There is several review on the net and what I had noticed is that none of them had anything negative to say about this line.
bbchem
Mrtennis - if you ever have a chance to hear one of the Mundorf-based SP Tech offerings, I hope you take advantage and report back. They may not be your cup o' tea, but frankly your repeated points of emphasis make you an ideal candidate for ownership IMHO.

Then again, you may hate then. Who knows?

Some will have to do with component matching, obviously. I ran mine with Butler Monad monoblocks for years, but I heard the new Spectron Musician III Signature Edition drive a pair of Revelations well enough to prompt a very recent change. Might turn out to be a mistake, but time will tell.

Regardless, as a wise man once told me, the more you hear, the more you know...

Regards,
hi doubleugly:

i failed to pick up on your last senetence which is not true. knowledge does not come from experience. at best you may be able to use inductive reasoning by extrapolating from previous experience. knowledge is a different entity. it involves truth and certainty. listening to audio equipment has nothing to do with truth and certainty.

audio experiences create attitudes and opinions not knowledge. too many times i thought i liked something only to change my mind after extensive audition. where is the knowledge ?

in audio, there is only a probability of truth not truth itself
Can we say "HYPE" here? These might be the "greatest speakers in the world", but let time tell. Amytime, someone comes around and pretty much says "these are the greatest", my BS meter goes off. I can't wait to see how fast these speakers hit the "for sale" in Audiogon. I'm guessing it won't be all that long. Are these "keepers" or this month "favorites"? Hype would say it fall into the this months "favorites".
hi doubleugly:

if i like large panel speakers, why would i like a stand mounted box speaker. before i go to the trouble of requesting a pair for the purpose of reviewing them, i should have some idea why i might like them. otherwise, i go through a lot of trouble and it doesn't benefit the designer at all.

i am indeed skeptical that any box speaker will last more than a half hour without my wanting to listen to a panel again.

so perhaps you could enlighten me as to the benfits of auditioning this speaker.

my preferences are large panels, tubes, very soft and rounded presentation, very laid back with lots of depth, no cone woofer "sound", no cross over sound, no emphasis on high frequencies.

is this speaker any different from a cone in a box ?