Starting a thread and then disappearing

I've noticed this time and again. People come hear starting a thread to get some advice, then never return. What is it with this? My theory is that since a thread may not get responses right away, in this instant gratification age the person gets impatient and starts the same thread in 2 or 3 other forums(I've actually seen this) and never comes back to the Audiogon thread.

I have definitely seen that some of the members here offer excellent advice, far beyond my experience. I belong to several audio forums and have read all kinds of nonsense being presented as advice. I'm sure bad advice gets offered here too it's just that generally speaking it seems to be a cut above places like AVS.

But for the drive thru crowd if they haven't gotten a response in short order they abandon ship. I guess they end up with the advice that they deserve.
runnin
b_limo, yeah, a lot of newbies and others just want reinforcement.

Another type of poster also bugs me, the type that pushes a certain brand all the time and it makes one suspect they are a dealer or at least someone selling it. Some identify themselves as dealers at least, and others are just irritating fanboys, you have to learn to recognize those with agendas I guess.
Why do you think an OP should re-post in a thread? If his question is answered - or more likely, various completely different opinions are offered - no further input from the OP is required. Occasionally, an actual answer deserves a thank-you, but there's no reason to feel hurt if an OP just reads the answers and doesn't clutter up a thread with pointless kudos.
It has nothing to do with kudos, and "re-posting" is when someone double posts the same post. To continue a conversation is something different. Obviously etiquette is lost on you.

Often a question has many facets that need to be dealt with before hand. A dude wants to buy a new avr. What needs to be dealt with first is what speakers he's driving, what size room, what components he'll connect, what volume levels he's looking for. He posts asking about an avr and then never comes back to state room size or speakers, so never gets an answer at all.

Now that is what clutters up the forum, countless 3 and 4 post threads that go nowhere.
If our beloved Audiogon admin would actually update this "forum" interface to 2015 standards, this probably wouldn't be as much of a problem. I fail to see why we don't have threaded posts, the ability to post images and likes, the ability to quote from one or more preceding posts. You know - all that stuff that came about 15 years ago.