B&W Name Change Theory

I have a theory that B&W is changing to Bowers and Wilkins due to there now entering the automotive market (Jaguar) and wanting to avoid confusion with BMW. Jaguar wouldn't want people thinking they have a BMW audio system.

Any thoughts?
bundy
And now back to your regularly scheduled program...

I have wondered for years why B&W didn't us their full name on their speakers (as I have wondered about Boothroyd Stuart). For me, having the full name on them lends a feeling of "boutique" rather than "monster brand". By the same token, I have always thought the name "supratek" was terrible marketing because of its 'plastic' corporate sound. The power of names never ceases to amaze me, despite the fact that in the end, they mean nothing.
They used B&W as in BMW to piggy back on the car company's upscale image and know, they move to a more "history rich" name which tells the story about co-founders, etc, etc. Unfortunately, the more they grow, the more their products look like overrated BMW and less like handcrafted "boutique" creations. Their latest Sig Diamond is as BMW as it gets. Or Hyundai, whatever.
Sugarbrie
Levinson had investors that took his company and his name. They became Madrigal which was purchased by Harman.
I have it on good authority that Bower & Wilkins aren't concerned about the German car maker, but about the potential suit for the heirs of Bob Marley & the Wailers. Rita, Ziggy et al. are getting aggressive about protecting the name of BM&W.
Hey!
How come I'm the only one telling B&W to..."Get up", "Stand up", "Stand up for your rights!"