B&W Name Change Theory

I have a theory that B&W is changing to Bowers and Wilkins due to there now entering the automotive market (Jaguar) and wanting to avoid confusion with BMW. Jaguar wouldn't want people thinking they have a BMW audio system.

Any thoughts?
bundy
I have always replaced my cars' stock stereos, but its tricky to do that with newer cars without upsetting the delicate balance electronics and dashboards layouts. So, I will take this as good news as I like B&W's less expensive speakers. Maybe Burmester could join with BMW as an option that would double the price of the car? Neat!
If you spend as much time as I do in a vehicle, the sound system definetely matters and I can definetely see Albert's point of view of that being a point of due consideration when picking a car. I had my stock stereo swapped out and really like it (Alpine) but I spend a lot of time commuting and traveling in my vehicle. It is important and worth it for me as I am sure it is with Albert.

It is often difficult for others to appreciate your own circumstances, wants, needs, etc. We are all value these things in our life according to our own personal scale. I have a friend that has a $7K bicycle but I think that is awesome but many say that he is crazy. I have come to try to appreciate why somebody's value for something may be different than my own and what it says about them. Just because someone likes ABC pre-amp and you don't tells you something I think. What the hell does it mean? Whose the knucklehead here?

I have found many of those in this community to be very thoughtful of how they pick what they are purchasing - go read the "what time do you wear" thread. That makes Albert's car selection method seem quite valid.

Oh yeah, B&W name change. Is it really a name change or just a decision to really use their name instead of an acronym? Were they always known as B&W?
I see Bose and Volvo on the same level. Terribly overrated, and bought by people who believe the advertising, without knowing much about the subject.

Volvo's safety "advances" are typically Mercedes patents that Mercedes chooses not to enforce. Beside that, most Japanese cars surpass Volvo's in most areas.

I remember an Audi ad from long ago, with a nondescript car making lots of noise and all kinds of things happening when it hit something. Then comes the Audi that smoothly just goes around the same object.

Look at Volvo resale value - even Bose's is better - there's a message there.

So - I don't want a Volvo with or without Bose, or Bose with or without Volvo.

One final note - all those super-smart people who buy Volvo's and put all the college decals in the back window to impress someone. The fact that they can't see out the back window anymore - doesn't that send anothert message?
I could not car less.... Hell even I think Lexus has a Mark levinson system, but at about a 5000 dollar premium or something! I would assume thats with a nice navigation system, DVD, LCD etc... Well I would hope, but yeah car audio who cares? You could put your own custom setup in a car these days for about 1000 bucks and get better sound than most stock systems anyway if you really want.
Snofun3

Sounds like somebody at a Volvo dealership pissed you off.

My first Volvo was purchased in 1986 when my son was born. Poor design, bad design or whatever your opinion, he was safer riding around in that 740 wagon than the Honda Civic wagon that I sold to move into it.

Mercedes better? Yea, probably and maybe you can justify one but I can't.

When it was time for this purchase I had watched Honda go from about $3500.00 to nearly 10K as I prospected for the fifth one in a long line.

The Volvo was maybe 13K, and had an UNLIMITED bumper to bumper warranty, 5 full years covering EVERYTHING down to trim and paint. It had real leather interior, turbo option, dropped forged wheels, discs all four corners, electric sunroof and got great gas mileage.

This was pre-Ford and it was a damn nice car with no attitude from the company that was really more famous for having an image as the Swedish VW with their sturdy 240.

Honda was getting pretty full of themselves by that time. Money paid in advance and wait for a month or two and "maybe" the dealership would get stock and telephone you to come in. Frankly that sends a much bigger message than decals in the back window.

And no, mine had only one sticker, the parking pass required to enter the lot at Dallas Museum of Art. But I guess that's tacky too isn't it?

I would have been much cooler if I owned a Lexus with a gold package and 20" rims, right?