B&W Name Change Theory

I have a theory that B&W is changing to Bowers and Wilkins due to there now entering the automotive market (Jaguar) and wanting to avoid confusion with BMW. Jaguar wouldn't want people thinking they have a BMW audio system.

Any thoughts?
bundy
"IT IS A CAR, GET OVER IT!"

My car stereo is almost as fun to listen to as my home stereo, granted I've spent a decent amount of cash and time/work on it.

It seems that the vast majority of audiophiles completely dismiss the possibility of enjoying music in their car. I would like to emphasize that if done well, car audio can be just as dynamic as your high-end home system, and just about as fun to listen to. It's kind of like headphones, in that you have drivers very close to you on either side. There are a couple of comprimises, namely imaging is tricky (but who cares) and road noise, though both can be dealt with.
I doubt they are even Bose systems, it is probably a Delco unit wearing the Bose badge because of its reputation with the masses.
Yes, the speakers are probably Bose, the hardware whatever they usually use depending on car brand. I doubt Bose makes car stereos. They don't directly sell them after market.

There are some real nice after market car stereos out there.
The Creek C43 Audiophile Tuner and the Cambridge Audio T500 clone used a car stereo chipset. Michael Creek said he used it because the reception was much better than anything else he could come up with.
Renault has a Cabasse sound system!!!
I will "get" car audio when the driver seats in the middle of the car!!!
Anyway I listen to music with my eyes closed, so driving with my eyes closed may be illegal in some states...
Chadnliz
My GMC Envoy came with a Bose, does it sound great?, nope but ....IT IS A CAR, GET OVER IT!

I must have done something to you in a past life, my comments frequently force you to post something negative.

What bothers me about Bose car audio is paying extra, getting miserable sound and supporting a brand I don't like.

The inexpensive stock GM radio that came in my 1999 Yukon was more accurate and less distortion than my newer Yukon's Bose system. This newer one sounds "souped" up, like early color TV's with their over driven color to attract attention.

Exciting at first but really wears on you with time.

I don't expect audiophile quality in a car, but like Goatwuss, I find it enjoyable if it's clean with an overall balanced sound.

The Volvo I passed up buying was a premium R model wagon with a hot engine plus all wheel drive. Not available unless you bought it with giant Bose speaker sticking (literally) two or three inches out of the dash.

This was not a pleasant cosmetic addition. There must not have been sufficient depth for the big speaker, so a spacer with Bose logo was added with no attempt at making it flow with the original design.

In other words, ugly, premium price, worse sound and the buyer has no choice but accept what looked like a botched aftermarket job when it was in fact, premium original equipment.