Stolen SoundLabs - just in case...

Here's one for the "I hate it what that happens" file:

This morning my car, u-haul trailer, and a pair of SoundLab M-1PX loudspeakers were stolen from a hotel parking lot in Barstow, California. I'm hoping that they show up for sale somewhere (ah - the speakers, not the car & trailer - gotta keep my priorities straight here!). The serial number is M1PX002, the side rails are rosewood, and the backplates have the "hotrod" upgrade identifiable by the large blue Jensen capacitors. They have the shallower 45 degree panels characteristic of th PX series. There aren't very many M-1PX's in circulation.

If you happen to come across these speakers for sale somewhere, contact officer Dante' Caliboso of the Barstow Police Department, case number 07-4135 and 07-4136 (they list the automobile and trailer separately, and the backplates were in the car). Their phone number is 760-255-5111, and my cell phone is 504-251-2311.

Oh by the way, I also found out that U-Haul's "insurance" doesn't cover theft.

Thanks,

Duke
dealer/manufacturer
audiokinesis
Everyone should check Craigslist, local paper's Ebay or any other website you can "Google"......so sorry for your bad fortune.
Be sure to check on the hotel's legal liability for theft on their property...a "not liable for theft" doesn't cut it if there has been a history of thefts and they have not attempted to remedy the situation!
Sorry to hear this. I hope you catch these people. Let us know.
I will keep an eye out for them.

BTW, the same thing happened to some friends of mine in Pheonix, AZ. They stopped for a night in a motel. In the morning, their car was gone.
Seems they wait for these "opportunites."
Always scan the immediate area. Thieves frequently dump items that are too cumbersome or are of no interest to them. Trying to move big or expensive items is too much trouble for todays lazy thieves.