Rel subwoofers

Are the larger, ported Rel subwoofers actually better than the sealed Strata 3? Or do they suffer from port chuffing?
gladstone
Gladstone,
Do a forum search. There are several posts comparing the ST series to the Britannia series. In all the posts I found reviewers state that the Britannia series are an improvement over the older line and I agree. Plus, I prefer forward firing subwoofers.

Here is a good review and I agree with his findings:

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?rspkr&1144022560&read&keyw&zzrel+britannia
I prefer the ST version over the Britannia. Better looks, build quility and intergration with almost any speaker. The Britannia may be a better fit with Home Theater....and yes the larger Storm thru Studio subs are bottem firing and ported (no port noise) and are better in every way. In defence of the Strata, it does what it is designed to do and does it well.
Also, The Britannia B3 won subwoofer of the year 2006 in The Absolute Sound. It really is that good!
i have to agree with most posts here that the Britannia series are really an improvement over the sT series in both ht and audip apps. i've owned most of the rels and the britannia is really something else. integration is also as good as the st series because it uses the same crossover. Even withthe ported britannia rels , there is no port schaffing or port distortion. Its just one clean bass.