How often to apply wax,to cabinet?

I had read that a good wax,like Briwax/Sheradale is the best care for speaker cabinets,with a laquer finish.I applied a good coating one year ago,and have my speakers in a dedicated room,with no smoke,and little dust.
How soon do I need to reapply the wax,as it is "work" to do correctly.I do not notice any wax loss,but want to keep the surface perfect.
Thanks in advance!
sirspeedy70680e509
"Does any wax or oil actually penetrate for moisturizing into wood that has been laquered or varnished?"

Emphatically, no!

The adage, "Once a day for a week. Then, once a week for a month. Then, once a month for a year." is in reference to boiled linseed oil, not wax.

When using solid wood or veneer to construct furniture/speakers the ideal moisture content should not exceed 8%, that is considered bone dry. You do not want to add moisture to the wood and in fact, with a good clear coat finish, you can't. Look folks, the polish/wax industry is a billion dollar a year business and they'll say anything to take your money, but the fact is you don't need any of it. Dust with a clean, soft, slightly moist cotton cloth, keep your stuff out of bright sunlight, away from other heat sources, try to keep the humidity levels at a reasonable level and let the clear coat finish do what it was put on for.

Relax and enjoy the music.
I have Coincident Super Eclipse IIs with the unusual black finish. I'd not call it piano black, because it does not have that deep lustre and shine. I don't quite know what it is - but it reminds me of my old Yamaha NS1000s.

I wanted to keep them in top shape - as we all do - and asked Israel Blume what to do. And he pretty much said as Merganser. Occasionally wipe them with a moist cloth - that is, moistened with water.

To be honest, I've never even done that. I just dust them regularly with a feather duster and don't touch them with my fingers. They don't show finger prints like the piano laquer finishes do anyway - but what the heck. They are 5 years old and look as new.

Well, maybe I'll try sprucing them up tonight with a moist soft cloth.

Regards,
Laquer is my preferred finish for all woodworking projects. Wax can be applied for further protection, but I would only consider doing that on something like a coffee table or dining table. I use a wax on my quartersawn oak antique coffee table (actually a cut down antique library table since they didn't generally have coffee tables back then), and once hand buffed, it is quite shiny and nice looking and the wax adds an extra protection against water, food, wife's fingernail polish, etc. Since you do not eat off of your speakers, or handle them daily, and assuming the laquer finish is nice, I do not see any reason to apply a wax. Dust them with a damp cloth or with a light dusting product sprayed on the cloth. Old laquer can be rejuvinated with a product like Howard Restor-A-Finish that is commonly used by anitique dealers looking to quickly make a piece look desirable for sale. However, that product reemulsifies the upper portion of the finish and should only be used sparingly.