Tyler acoustics questions

I am zeroing in on either the Tylo monitor or the Linbrook sigs & would like to know what folks found to be the dfference in the midrange.I have a sub but if I bought the Taylos (save a thousand) what would you have to statr your sub at to run in parallel i.e I would use the preout on my RA Tempest II. I prefer to set my sub for music set at the lowest 50 Hz which seems to match it best with the quicker 6-7 inch driver with most monitor speakers .Do the Taylos do a honest 50 Hz in which case it is no doubt the better choice especially since my tube amp produces way more watts into 8 ohms than the 4 ohm sigs.(probably a better match)

The other issue is the tweeter .I see most folks lprefer the millenium a little more however I am looking for the smoothest one in the upper mids with the best rendering of siblance. My sense is the Scanspeak may be a little smoother & less peaky with a tad less presence in this area.Comments?

Thanks

Bill
audiopath49
My sense is a lot of sibilance occurs via the recording process especially with CDs. The more accurate your system the more these sounds become evident I have found the last couple of days much more rewarding from a listening point of view because I have decided just to enjoy the music.

I still believe the 17 has a little more energy in the uppermids which makes drums & percussion stand out whereas the TA product is flatter in this range or some have even suggested a db or so down,meaning it will tend not to amplify what is there.PSB(most) speakers tend to be that way as well. It is a question of whether you enhance or subtract based on a Db or 2 which can make a huge difference psycho-acoustically speaking .As I have emailed & researched my way along this upgrade path(I am a partial shut in) I have encountered quite a few remarks on how well the TA speakers render sibilance. It would be interesting to see a graphical output of these two speakers & compare the "relative energy" at about 7Khz. Again,I do not expect the speaker to cure the "problems".
A question for you folks with the the model three Tyler Acoustic stand...how full do you fill them for best results.In my case I would go for tight bass over deep or loud.Is sand the best medium always?

Thanks

Bill
How long does the Seas Millennium tweeter take to break in..does it sound really poor out of the box..and what is the best quickestand safest way to break it in?

Thanks

Bill
Bill, I have the Taylo monitors with the millenium tweeter upgrade. I bought mine used, so I don't know about break-in time, but just play music through them and enjoy the process. The Taylos are great, but I would love to have the sigs. You'll love the millenium tweeter. Congrats!
I recently sent back both of my TA sig monitors because one obviously had a blown tweeter or bad crossover leading to the tweeter being overloaded & raspy.Tyler will fix the one for free, being the great service oriented guy he is ,& I have decided to get the copper Cardas posts in that they are the best signal conductors according to Cardas in thier binding post line & will afford a better overall connection with my standard AP spades.

I am contemplating going away from the 16 guage DH Labs internal speaker wire & having the inside rewired with what I use for speaker cable which is the Oval 12 biwire. This would give me the same wire all the way through & most likely improve the bass with the 12 guage wire however I may lose a little speed in the midrange & HF extension & definition with the AP in that Ty feels the lighter 16 guage wire with the silver & copper is faster. What do other think on this one? Does anyone have experince with AP oval 12 wire vs. the copper/silver DH Labs? It is not a money issues I just want the best sound. Ty thinks the Cardas should make a noticeable difference being a good conductor & with the ability to make a solid contact with my speakers on the AP standard spades.

What is the experience of others? Keep the DH or go with same wire all the way through with the AP oval 12?

I am also thinking on buying some better stands having bought the model one which is a little on the wobbly side in terms of rigidity.(I wish I had bought the model 3 which is much more supportive).What stands at a reasonable price would you recommend that would be more rigid & stable with this large heavy monitor speaker?

Thanks