Silverline Sonata II or III owners

I'm always hesitant to ask this kind of question, but there just aren't any Silverline dealers near me. Are there any owners of the Sonata II's or III's in the Midwest that would be willing to let me get a listen to them? I live in Racine, WI and would be willing to drive up to 300 miles each way. If this doesn't work, my only other option is to fly out to CA to see Alan Yun at his factory. Thanks.

Bill
billspecfoc
Bill,
I have owned both and sold both, their are better speakers for the money.MHO.
regards
Mike
I agree with Mike. I owned the v2 Sonatas for a brief while. They are extremely dynamic and will play effortlessly, but are a little bottom heavy and have a boxy coloration in the midrange. I didn't pick up on it right away, but after I heard it once, it was hard to ignore on certain material. I sold them shortly thereafter.

Oz
Thanks for the responses, guys.

Mike, what would be some of your recommendations for speakers bettering the the Sonata's in that price range? They would be used in a combo 2-channel/HT system, usage about 50/50. Looking for something non-fatiguing yet accurate for classical, jazz, occasional classic rock.

Oz, I don't know what you mean by a "boxy coloration" in the midrange. Could you elaborate on that? Thanks.

Bill
Interesting questions. I'm interested in the recommendations for speakers and description of “boxy coloration" in the midrange also.
Brm1:I have owned both and sold both, their are better speakers for the money.MHO.

Would you be kind enough to summarise your listening experience, ie, which speaker(s) did you find to be better values in this price range?