Musical Heaven, NOT Audio or Speaker heaven …

Well, I finally reached musical heaven, and I knew it from the 1st moment I punched the play button. All I can say is “Wow, wow, wow!”

In all my searching, listening, buying and selling of speakers, I was always comparing this and that characteristic (you know, soundstage, imaging, focus, coloration, all the buzz words). Every time I’d sit down those characteristics are what I ended up paying attention to. I would drift from listening to the music to listening to the speakers.

Every speaker I’ve listened to had a volume ‘sweetspot’. Louder it sounded too strained/forced. Softer, it lost its musical punch/involvement (the music became nothing more than background). Some speakers had a very narrow range, while others were more tolerant of volume. But it seems that all speakers suffered most at low volumes; losing their presentation of the music.

Last night, for the first time ever, I was able to close my eyes from the very 1st note and get totally caught up in the music itself. I never once gave the speakers a listen to. From 1st note until the last note it WAS music, no matter the volume. I am DONE with speakers until I croak. Evidence Temptation, you have seduced me. Time for a cigarette!

Out.
bigbucks5
i suspect you could achieve the same result with a more modest stereo system, because you are very receptive to the message of the music.

i've always maintained that the listener is more important than the music or the equipment.

you may have made my case.
Bigbucks5, wow, that's great, congrats on your success!

I've actually accomplished the same exact thing with my little Aural Ersatz TAD-803 single-driver speakers... Ditto for me, now I can just relax and listen to the music. Good thing for me, as my wife would never let me bring any speakers as large and conspicuous as the Evidence Temptations into the house.

Go easy on the cigarettes. They're proven killers and besides wreaking havoc on your health I believe smoking diminishes hearing acuity due to blood vessel constriction.
Wonderful speakers.
Another One Bites The Dust!
I know exactly how you feel.
I had to have a smoke when I got the first SF Stradavari out of the box.
About a hour later after setting them up & powering up - I had a smile that is still with me.
Great speakers should disappear & only the sound that they reproduce should fill the room.
I listen to my system about 9 hours a day & SMILE!
Just wait until they really break in & you have them set up 100%.
Try a Trinidad Fundador & Hennessey XO to celebrate your new found love.
ENJOY!