Best subwoofer for a Wilson Puppy

I have now a Puppy 6 and am planning to upgrade to the Wilson puppy 7 + a subwoofer or the Wilson Maxx. But since my room is not to big and I can not finance the Maxx 2 yet I am thinking about buying the WP7 + a good subwoofer.

My slection so far:
1. Wilson Watch Dog
2. Velodyne DD18
3. Revel B15

Which subwoofer will be the best. I know the Wilson will fit the best but it is like 16000 US$ whicle the revel is 5000 US$ and the velodyne 4500 US$. The Velodyne sounds like a good buy but will it work with a Wilson speaker. Will it not be to slow for 2 channel.

I do not play movies and am only interested in a subwoofer for music. Which will be the best choise and who has experience with a good sub for a Watt / Puppy.

Peter
sprbggr
Perhaps I misunderstand, but you may be missing the point. I think that Rives is saying that regardless of the external or internal control setting, his test instruments showed that the Velodyne was not crossing over below 40 hz. This could have been a problem with that particular unit or a problem in general. The only way to know for sure is with appropriate test equipment. Given that Rives is not in the business of selling a particular brand of sub, their main interest must be in making the customer happy.
Well this is interesting information. The Wilson Sub in Europe is 14500 euro (18000 US$). So I guess I can not afford it. In stead I am willing to try the Velodyne. I guess if you adjust it manually it will be possible to set it at 30hz and if you use the software you will not be possible to do so. With this price of the Watch Dog you can imagine only a few are sold in Europe. Second hand impossible to find. In America the voltage is different so if I import one from America I need to pay VAT (19%), then shipment and modification to 230V. This is going to be as costly as bying one here. How much definition in the bass do you hear at 20-30hz. It is more feeling than hearing. The speed is slow at this frequency. So I guess any good sub that does not add upper harmanics (and then destroy the good quality of the WP7) will do here.

Peter
Just to clarify the crossover point read 40 Hz. It would not go below this. It would go above obviously, but could not get it to go below that. The measurements confirmed that this was approximately the crossover point. It seems we had a very strange sub, because I thought it should cross over lower as well as did the owner. Clearly there is something amiss here.
Anyone who can't get the DD xover set to their satisfaction should call Velodyne's tech support/customer service operation in Phoenix. As for test equipment, the integrated frequency analyzer dumped to a TV screen reveals exactly what's happening. Peter, all the setup functions are done digitally through an attached monitor-- not manually. Also the unit can be upgraded to current 2.0 software via a PC/internet interface. The user manual can be downloaded from Velodyne's web site.

Dave
We had the monitor, everything read out perfectly. We did not call Velodyne, as we believed that the unit was designed to only function to crossover from 40 Hz on up (I did not check the high point as it was not relevant to what we wered doing). Many subs do have a low pass limitation of 40 Hz, and I figured this was the case for Velodyne. The unit was new as of a few month ago from an authorized dealer who was supposed to be with us that day, but was unable to make it at the last minute. We did not use the internal analyzer as we have higher resolution equipment to take the measurements and used the manual set-up. Still it shouldn't be limited to 40 Hz in manual and allow something else in an automated mode.