Best sounding floor speaker for under $1500???

Been told to test KEFq11 and Monitor RS6. Any others??? Please help me. Speaker shopping has been the most frustrating consumer experience I have gone thru...
willowrun
Second the Ohm except I'd go for the 100's. Their using MkIII drivers now and sound fantastic.
Maggie 1.6's...... New, $1,800.... Used, around 1k. Like the above posters have said; you are really not providing enough info, but if you have the space and power to drive them they are hard to beat IMHO.

Chris
I could put a third vote in for the Ohm's, specifically the 100 Series III's. I have had these for a few months now in a smaller-size listening room and I could not ask for more for the money.
eminent tech lft 6 and lft 3--used, martin logan sequels and sequel 2s, apogee caliper and gradient 1.3s .
There are many very good tower speakers in the $1500 range. Especially if willing to buy used!

That said I'll take you a different path, try looking at Jim Salk's and Rick Craig's designs(salksound.com & selahaudio.com). Both use top-notch drivers, have furniture grade cabinets, and most importantly, both have a great ear for sound. I especially like Jim's 1801f, which may be a $100 over the above budget. Everybody is their own movie critic but I would put the 1801f against anything you can find in the store in the $3-4k price range.

Good luck in your hunt.

Regards, Jeff