Are the Klipschorns mainly for Classical music ??

I recently purchased a pair of Klipschorns. I also purchased a pair of Cornwalls. It seems that the Cornwalls are crisp and clean and a shade boxy while the Klipschorns are a very open sound. I have found the Klipschorns to be very good for classical music and some Satriani and Eric Johnson. I find that classic rock leaves alot to be desired because the recordings seem to be less than what I expected. I would like to hear comments from Klipschorn owners as well as Cornwall owners......thanks
allsmiles
The Klipschorn sprung to life as a mono speaker back around the time of my birth. The Klipsch factory is proud to claim that it continues to this day free of any substantial modification. In its day it was unexceptional relative to the offerings of JBL, Altec and Electrovoice.Today it is revered by a small coterie of cultists who have every reason to love it for its blaring and exaggerated presentation. I sold these speakers for a couple of years in the late 80s and even owned a vintage pair myself for a short time. They tend to be popular amongst former musicians. Those of you who are fond of them should really investigate the Peavey speakers.
Macrojack,
Your post is off topic, hypocritical, and like Warren's, clearly intended only as bait. Perhaps we cultists (read: former musicians) can move on with the topic at hand without any further interference from the ZU peanut gallery, huh?
Gee, I've always thought that while the big Klipsh's had enough bass, very good dynamics and could be run with quality low powed amps that could serve classical music well, they also didn't seem to be the best at demonstrating the superior recording techniques that provide excellent imaging in such a glorious sound stage. IMHO, horns tend portray a honkiness that is an anthema to the extreme efforts classical musicians apply to tone. All in all, I can't help but think the opppostie holds true, they're better suited to high volume, multi-miked rock music.
Boa2, that was unfair. There is no mod in this world that could get me to purchase or enjoy your Klipschorn. I cannot figure out your Klipschorn obsession for a minute. But Macrojack may have hit it on the head. You are a musician, right? That may be it. Bait you? Come on, speaking of staying on topic...still holding a resentment?
Boa2,
I'm on topic if Klipsch is the topic. Hypocritical? How? Bait. Nah -- if you think that, don't respond.
And speaking of topics, who mentioned ZU?
That porcelain vessel you are gleefully cavorting about is not a punch bowl -- it's a potty. Porziob was on target with his turd.