Are the Klipschorns mainly for Classical music ??

I recently purchased a pair of Klipschorns. I also purchased a pair of Cornwalls. It seems that the Cornwalls are crisp and clean and a shade boxy while the Klipschorns are a very open sound. I have found the Klipschorns to be very good for classical music and some Satriani and Eric Johnson. I find that classic rock leaves alot to be desired because the recordings seem to be less than what I expected. I would like to hear comments from Klipschorn owners as well as Cornwall owners......thanks
allsmiles
Boa2, after all those modifications to get a Klipschhorn to sound good, doesn't that say something about Klipschorn? Doesn't sound like you have a Klipshorn anymore. Kind of like an APL Denon 3910 don't you think? There's very little remotely left of the original 3910 sound. I'm sure you love your speakers, but spending (I don't know what they cost new) all that money for mediocre speakers, just to add a bunch of mods to make it sound good?
I think it has as much to do with the cd engineering and recordings as much as the equipment you play it through. The Celtic Woman cd sounds fantastic. I still think many classic rock recordings were substandard ..... it just took the Klipschorns to bring it to my attention. Dark Side of the Moon sounds pretty good. Like before Satriani and Eric Johnson sound good on the Klipschorns. So far the Klipschorns have made me appreciate music I don't normaly listen to.
Before you start tearing the Khorns apart demo two items.
1.DAC
2.PS Audio P300 powerplant
Best of luck!
Boa2, after all those modifications to get a Klipschhorn to sound good, doesn't that say something about Klipschorn?
Indeed. It says that for less than the price of a pair of NOS 6922 tubes, you can take a 28-yr-old speaker from good to phenomenal.
Doesn't sound like you have a Klipshorn anymore.
Yes, we do still have them.
Kind of like an APL Denon 3910 don't you think?There's very little remotely left of the original 3910 sound.
You have a modded 3910 yourself. Did you pay extra for it to sound like the original? I sure hope not.
I'm sure you love your speakers, but spending (I don't know what they cost new) all that money for mediocre speakers, just to add a bunch of mods to make it sound good?
I've spent all of $2200 on the speakers, mods included. And I can count on one finger the only speaker I would consider replacing these with...and it was $58K. For that to even begin to make sense would require you to have actually heard them in a proper set up.