Are the Klipschorns mainly for Classical music ??

I recently purchased a pair of Klipschorns. I also purchased a pair of Cornwalls. It seems that the Cornwalls are crisp and clean and a shade boxy while the Klipschorns are a very open sound. I have found the Klipschorns to be very good for classical music and some Satriani and Eric Johnson. I find that classic rock leaves alot to be desired because the recordings seem to be less than what I expected. I would like to hear comments from Klipschorn owners as well as Cornwall owners......thanks
allsmiles
I really don't think my amp is a problem. Classical music sounds great as well as some clean rock musicians. I am not an electrical engineer but I know what sounds good to my ears. I appreciate your recommendations. I have already emailed both of the people you talked about but have yet to make any decisions. I use 10 gauge speaker wire. How do I dampen the horns ?? I am sure I am not using the best cd player so I would be pleased with any suggestions you might have. I apprecaite any help you could give me.
You can dampen the horns with Dynamat, rope caulk, or the like. McMaster-Carr also sells a product that adheres well, and I believe a search on www.audioasylum.com in the hi-eff speakers section will get you the part number. Be advised that although the part is only $14 or so, the shipping is actually more, because it comes in a long box, and the sheet is fairly heavy.

If you have a budget on a CD player, I'd recommend posting a separate thread or searching the archives. Personally, I've yet to hear a player under ~$1500 that effectively maintains the separation and tonal texture of the more layered/complex music, and in particular, multi-track electric guitar.
I am willing to invest in a better cd player. Can you give me some good examples of what I should look for ?? Also thank you for the information on dampening. I am feeling much like a novice and the prices on tube preamps and preamps are much more than I expected. I would like some suggestions om preamps and amps.
Boa2, after all those modifications to get a Klipschhorn to sound good, doesn't that say something about Klipschorn? Doesn't sound like you have a Klipshorn anymore. Kind of like an APL Denon 3910 don't you think? There's very little remotely left of the original 3910 sound. I'm sure you love your speakers, but spending (I don't know what they cost new) all that money for mediocre speakers, just to add a bunch of mods to make it sound good?