Are the Klipschorns mainly for Classical music ??

I recently purchased a pair of Klipschorns. I also purchased a pair of Cornwalls. It seems that the Cornwalls are crisp and clean and a shade boxy while the Klipschorns are a very open sound. I have found the Klipschorns to be very good for classical music and some Satriani and Eric Johnson. I find that classic rock leaves alot to be desired because the recordings seem to be less than what I expected. I would like to hear comments from Klipschorn owners as well as Cornwall owners......thanks
allsmiles
I find that classic rock leaves alot to be desired because the recordings seem to be less than what I expected
What amp/source are you running? And have you modified the speakers? It's a must, or they sound only so-so, IMO.
Carver M1.5t and I have not modified the Klipschorns. I have been looking in to new crossovers and possibly new tweeter horns
Notwithstanding Porziob's standard drop-a-turd-in-the-punchbowl response, you certainly could find an amplifier more suitable to the revealing sound of the Klipschorns. As far as SS is concerned, McIntosh is an excellent option. If you search the Klipsch forums, you'll find other suggestions. The K-horns also sound terrific with many tube amps. What source are you using? With a speaker as tell-all as the Klipschorn, a good CDP is a must for when the music gets busy. Otherwise, the digititis is enough to send you running.

Updating the crossovers will help dramatically. The Crites are a replica of the original (search bcrites on the Klipsch forum), and we used them for a year or more. We then purchased the heritage crossovers from dgwescott here on Audiogon, and this was the biggest upgrade we have yet made in our system. Other mods I would recommend are re-wiring with silver, and dampening the horns. The former will clean up the highs, and give you better definition, and the latter will eliminate the shout effect of the horns.

Also, good speaker cables make a big, big difference. A thin gauge will get you a thin sound with these speakers, and although some owners will suggest the Home Depot-esque cables, I found them to smear the sound quite dramatically. Bottom line is with the Klipschorns, the music will sound only as good as the upstream equipment & cables. And with the wrong ancillary gear, these speakers will sound poor with many types of music.

Best of luck.
I really don't think my amp is a problem. Classical music sounds great as well as some clean rock musicians. I am not an electrical engineer but I know what sounds good to my ears. I appreciate your recommendations. I have already emailed both of the people you talked about but have yet to make any decisions. I use 10 gauge speaker wire. How do I dampen the horns ?? I am sure I am not using the best cd player so I would be pleased with any suggestions you might have. I apprecaite any help you could give me.