Zu speaker owners - do you have any gain issues?

I am thinking of trying out the Zu definitions at home on the no risk 60 day.
One thing I can't get my head around is with 60db in my phono stage, up to 20db in my pre amp, 27db in my amps and 101db in the speakers.
Will I have so much gain that I will barely be able to turn my volume control on before having too much volume or will these 101db speakers?.
Even at the moment with my cary pre and Vienna mahler speakers I barely get past 10am playing it LOUD.
I am think of trying out a set of consonance cyber 845's as an alternative - but I still feel the gain and loudness will be enormous.
downunder
Hi Downunder,
What Cary preamp do you have? If you have SLP-98 then that is the issue. I had one before and it made a lot of noise when I turned the volume past 10. I suggest you may try a preamp with an excellent attenuator either mono or duo. That is why I have a preamp built with dual mono attenuators volume control. My preamp has about 36dB but I never got any noise or clip when crank it up to 2 o'clock. Good luck.
I look forward to hearing your home trial listening impressions. As for my rig: I have no problem with my SET at any volume concerning the bass. Yes, I do have a large listening room. From a whisper to ear bleed levels, the bass is beautifully integrated. Low volumes are particulary (especially with SET) detailed, full bodied, and transparent. Quite extraordinary.....peace, warren :)
Would if I could afford them go Cary new or used if 845but lot's of them.I was bummed one time when I had speakers from europe that I thought had 94db not match with beautifully built (and I hear under optimal coiddtiomns excellent sopijnd like Dehavillands) but couldn't get enough volume som mine wa reverse problem.But support and info on Odeon speakers ios so bad not even sure they were true 94db maybe closer to their 89 db bookshelf model 17 (which I also won.got great deals beacuse few dealers and reviews hear.But I am bored and interested in DFruids or monitors myself.Editor of 6moons replved his Avantegardes which I love with the $10K model so they must be pretydamn good but have a big cost/model gap between $2800 and $10K.Think if you can get local dealer to give you open box 30 day return on any 845 at same time would be great if you can swing it.All of us want to hear you give a follow up on the speaker and if you can do it with more thn one amp/power all the better for your brothers and sisters hean in 'Gonland.
Chazzbo