Wilson W/P 5.1 vs B&W N802

I'm considering one of these two (used) Speakers. My budget is $6K (max). The room is 20'x26'x10'(H) with good acoustics.

I have 2 local Dealers that carry both Wilson and B&W, both insist that the W/P 5.1 is a much better Speaker then the N802 with no comparison between the two. In 1999 B&W launched the N802 and Wilson replaced the W/P 5.1 (6).

I've heard and liked both in the past, (not at the same time, no A vs B).

Are the Dealers right? should I forget abount the N802 and focus my search on the W/P 5.1? Is this a no-brainer (at this price range-between these 2-models)?

Both models appear often enough here on A-gon, so the purchase won't be a problem.

Thanks!
jmvsc1ec
The WP 5.1 isn't as emotionally involving as their later models.

I didn't find the 802s emotionally involving either.

Maybe the Aerial 10T? Or would you be okay with Magnepans?

Revel Ultima Salons? or Studios?

Keep looking and listening.

You can do better. I had a pair of WP 5.1 with a James subwoofer and my Usher CP 6381's were more engaging with a huge soundstage and a great top end and they cost only $3,400.00! For a little more money you can buy an Usher Dancer 8571 MK II which has a pure beryillium tweeter and offers amazing performance that will smoke both of the speakers you've mentioned.

I am a New York Usher dealer, try to find a pair of these to listen to they are really something great!