Best floorstanders under $1000 new or used

Looking for a pair of floorstanding speakers with a non-fatiguing tweeter (soft dome, fabric, or aluminum if not bright) to go in a 23X15 room with a 10' ceiling. Interested in Quad 21L, 22L, but they may be slightly too short. Interested in used or new and wanted to see if anyone has has any recommendations. Any thoughts are appreciated.
prorec
That's a big room, and will need a big speaker and some power to fill it. You need to tell us the amp you plan on using, the type of music, and the source.

A bit above your budget there are Epos ES30s on audiogon. These are great speakers. Stretch to them if you can and I think you'll keep them forever.

The rega floorstanders have a reputation for a balanced non-bright sound, but I have never heard them personally.

I once demod some B&W DM603s, and they have a really BIG sound, that would fill a large room, but I'm concerned that the metal dome tweeter might be a little bright for your tastes. They were a lot of fun though, particularly on rock music.
Thanks for the ideas. Some of the integrated's that I'm looking at are a McIntosh MA6450 or MA6500, MF X150, or NAD 372 and the source is an entry level NAD 521BEE (to be upgraded eventually.)
What types of music do you listen to ? Do you want to be able to play air-guitar to AC/DC or bathe in the sound of a string quartet ? (I do both ... but finding speakers that do it all is tricky and/or expensive).