Isolation for speakers on spikes

A friend recently gave me some Vibrapod isolation discs to put under my speakers, B&W 704. The effect was amazing, however I believe that by removing the spikes the speakers lost a lot of their quickness, and with some music they sound even a little muddy and dull. I tried resting a board on the pods, and the speakers with spikes on top of that, but that didn't work out. How can I get the best of both worlds--the great isolation benefits but also maintain the quickness and clarity that spikes deliver?
rfprice
Thanks for the responses so far. Warrenh, I think I may try the audiopoints. We have the same amp, right, the YBA Passion? You think the audiopoints will lend the same benefit as the pods and also clean up rest?
Post removed 
I sold my Passion, but I had the Sistrum SP1 under it for years. Wonderful. Will never have an amp, cdp, anything, without sitting on a Sistrum SP1 or their points. Audiopoints are wonderful, but the Sistrum system takes it to another level...I have the Sistrum under my new baby...
Post removed 
I'm with Warren. Dampening the resonances in speakers and transferring that energy to the floor (mine is concrete) has worked perfectly for my Dynaudios. When I have placed them up on stands (MDF) or removed the spikes, I lose definition and precision. If I ever use stands for my floorstanders I will use solid heavy coupling devices and weight the speaker to make sure it couples to the floor. My speakers don't need isolation, they need coupling to the solid floor to bring out their best. Experimentation is everything. I know of no way to give them isolation and coupling. But, as always, best of luck with your experimentation. And, more importantly, have fun! It's only about the music!