Good musical sub under $500

I need to replace my crappy old AudioSource sub, my listening room is 12'X14' x9', hardwood floors (livingroom, not sure if furniture such as couches effect subs in absorbing sound as it does with mids & tweeters) . It will be 70% music so a accurate tight bass is a must,. It will be matched up with my NAD T752 A/V and Paradigm Studio 20v3s up front. MY present Audiosource I've had for years has to be turned to full volume just to add some low-end (Crossed over at 80, anything higher and you get vocals and such coming out of it, really crappy as I said lol). I had ordered a Velodyne DLS-3750R earlier in the week(cancelled my order) the more I read up on them it seems they are rather boomy and velodyne's good subs are the higher end stuff which are out of my price range. Used is ok as long as it's from a reputable dealer or owner (ebay is definitely out, really don't trust high end stuff from there). Suggestions?
pmt1209
I respect Hsu Research's ability to make musical subs for very reasonable prices. I have a larger one, the VTF-3R Mark 2. The warranty is transferable if you buy used and the owner will transfer the warranty for you. The VTF-2 is nicely priced as well. Hsu has collaborated with Outlaw to make their subs. Many people like the SVS subs, but I have not heard them. I also have a REL 108Q which is a 12" by 12" very unobtrusive sub in a small room. It is also very "musical" and fills in the bottom below my Von Schweikert VR-1s. It will go to 30 Hz (-2 dB) and is only noticable when you turn it off. Otherwise, in a small room, you simply think your monitors are full range. Good luck.
To tell you the truth I never heard of the Onix Rocket UFW-10, but after some research the reviews were very very good, it's always mentioned they are "musical" which is exactly what I'm looking for. There was one review done which I cannot find now but the reviewer stacked it up against SVS, HSU and Velodyne and he was blown away by the Rocket UFW-10. But now I have heard of them and one is on the way :) and it's just the right size..

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_11_2/onix-ufw-10-subwoofer-5-2004.html

http://www.goodsound.com/equipment/rocket_ufw_10.htm