best sounding small speakers

Which monitors have the best sound? Listening levels at no more than 100db. The mids and highs are the most important - but the lows are a definite bonus!
mattcone
I have heard the Pro Ac 1sc's once in my life at Pro Musica in Chicago. An awesome small speaker, with what I felt was absolutely superb mids, and highs. Naturally, small speakers like this will lack the lowest bottom end. This pair I heard were complemented with a sub, and these speakers then really lacked nothing at all. I actually liked these better in some ways versus a stand alone pair of Dunlavy IV's auditioned only moments earlier at the same business I mention above. (though there's sure nothing at all wrong with the Dunlavy's IMO!)

The beauty I then recognized with these, is due to their smaller size, good speaker placement becomes a much easier thing to accomplish. mark
Define a small speaker.
My definition of a small speaker includes the stands. Which leads to the question;
"How much realestate do the speakers (with stands) actually take up?"
Either use cubic feet.
Or the projected square feet when viewed head on.
My point, don't limit your thinking to just monitors if room size is an issue.
Has anyone heard the relatively new Acapella Fidelio II's? Also, any feedback on the Ultimate Monitor by Audiomachina? Both of these designs seem to be at the cutting edge in terms of performance considering the enclosure size.
well how small is small?

Merlins were exceptional when I last hear them and have been upgraded since. Green Mountain audio has a lot of fans though never had the opp myself. Magico's monitors look interesting while the Ultimate Monitor is worth checking out IMO

But if you think about the required stands for these, then really some of smaller but really good-great floorstanders shld be considered too whether they by Gallo Ref 3 or even Kharma 3.2