Velodyne ULD 15 repair

Any recommended repair facilities in the US for the Velodyne ULD series subwoofer and amplifier?

Velodyne does not support this product at all.
apachef1
chiefwe,

Did velodyne give you the name of the repair facility in FL that can repair uld's. I'm looking to modify the amp and replace the foam surround on one of my subs.

Thanks for the info
I don't think they will do anything with the electronics but can replace the foam surround w/o disturbing the sensor. It's Simply Speakers 6625 35th. Street N. Pinellas Park, FL 33781 (Tampa Bay). Phone:. 727-571-1245. Fax:. 727-526-2096.
Good luck, let me know how you make out w/ them. As for me, I think I may go for the offer of a new DD-18 for $1300.
Last year, I bought a pair of refurbished ULD 15's that had been repaired by the factory here locally in the Bay Area. It did look brand new and the performance is great. The Velodyne factory must have stopped doing this recently.
The ULD is perfect match for two channel setups. I have enjoyed them for many years and I plan to continue enjoying.
However I'll never purchase or recommend another Velodyne product again.
Velodyne has become a mass market company that wants to sell new products and offer no support. Good luck with your ULD.
I disagree. I called them and they said that they were very sorry that they could no longer repair my ULD-15 made in 1986, because they no longer have the parts for it. (I don't think that is surprising, since the unit is 20 years old.) They were supportive and offered the name of a company that might be able to repair my unit. They also offered to replace my 20 year-old unit with their current top-line unit AT 75% OFF OF THE LIST PRICE. How much more helpful could they be?

You can't expect them to continue to make and stock parts beyond 20 years, and short of offering me a new sub for free, what more could they do.

I'm happy with the support they offer and I will continue to buy and recommend their products. (which are among the finest subs in the world)
Just my opinion.