Buying equipment

Ok, I've been looking online to put together a system and man is it frustraring. I live in rural wyoming and cannot go to a stereo store. So I will need to buy online.

None of the companies sell their components online, they only refer me to a dealer. Then even on the dealer's sites there are very few photos and again no prices. I did find 6moons' site, but it is tedious clicking through reviews to get to the bottom and find out its $45,000.

Amazon doesn't have much that is interesting- I want something unique and all that I would have access to is Sonos, Focal, 'Bird', marantz, and yamaha. Fleawatt is done building for the year and that seems to be it.

I'm looking for a tight little system that will fill the living room of a one bedroom apartment with hardwood floors.

I want something that will play standard CD's and one that I can eventually hook up a Pro-ject turntable to.

Any help of how to find a system to buy?

Thanks,
S.
swarthy
Swarthy, I had the same dilemma - Hyperion Sound closest dealer to Chicago was in Pennsylvania. I decided to buy demo speakers anyway based on fantastic reviews and they proved to be great sounding. What I failed to understand was that company with such poor dealer base eventually had to go bankrupt and they did. Now I'm worrying about replacement parts.
Will this system be the big cheese/ bee's knees/ Troll's bread?

http://www.musicalfidelity.com/merlin/

I looked up troll...

"A troll is a supernatural being in Norse mythology and Scandinavian folklore. In origin, troll may have been a negative synonym for a jötunn (plural jötnar). In Old Norse sources, beings described as trolls dwell in isolated rocks, mountains, or caves, live together in small family units, and are rarely helpful to human beings."

Sorry, I wasn't helpful to you, Dgarrettson.

Oh, wait, I did amuse you, though.
So either you are never pleased, Or you forget that humor is a virtue.
Mesch,

I understand. I've lived with guitarists. and hearing that same chord for a week or a month as they write a song necessitates styrofoam being glued to any shared walls:)
Thanks, "United Toaster";)
Another poster mentioned FoCo.
I think I found one that is going to work. A simple Plug and Play system w/ wireless input that is also designed around one of their turntables, from a pedigreed company. So it doesn't seem I can go to wrong.
I definately have gotten an education, and was even called a Troll. A badge i will wear proudly- Trolls are cool (if not hairy footed people...wait I think that's a hobbit, any way:)

I have been keeping my eye on the Buy/sell forum but nothing has been listed that is a must have so far.

Cheers,
Lyn
By the looks of it, you may have missed my first post. There's an excellent dealer in Ft. Collins called Audio Alternative. I'm not sure how far away you, but its definitely worth the drive. I've done business with him in the past, and he's really good at setting up affordable systems that sound great. His inventory is large enough so that you can hear a good selection of gear.