Subwoofers

I sold the first sub I ever owned, a Rel Strata III with the intent to upgrade, but now finding it difficult to decide what to buy. Given my system, GMA Europa Max speakers, and my orientation is for 2 channel audio, what should I buy? I am torn between the Rel Britannia B3 or the Martin Logan Depth. Are the Vandersteen 2wq subs as good as people say? Am I just being snobby towards them due to their inexpensive price?

Thanks.
mdomnick
I am very impressed with the Velodyne subs especially the DD-12. The room correction works very well and the sub is much better than my two Mirage 15" models. The room correction can be purchased as a stand-alone xover that will work with any sub and has the capability to control up to three at a time.
I own 2 vandy 2wq subs, and I,m very satisfaied with them, Their pro,s :
-Integrate really well with your mains , as long as your mains go down to 40 hz easily.
-They use unique Vandersteen passive x-over before the preamp which cuts at 80 hz -6db p/oct. which takes out stress y duties from both your amp and your mains.
-Fair price for what they do.
Minor weakneess:
-They don,t go as low 20-22 hz at the most , as opossed to the big and expensive Velodynes (DD&Hgs series).
Thanks everyone for your posts. I bought a ML Depth today...won't be here til next week:( I chose this after reading all your helpful comments and was able to make some observations about my Rel and what I wanted out of my next sub that I was not able to do without your comments. The Rel did disappear very well and mated with my Europas...probably too well. One would hardly know the sub was on. Based on my experiences with speakers (limited by all means) I miss the 'slam' from full range speakers. Not boomy slam that one might get from other subs, but something with more feel than what the Rel gave. Nsgarch expressed it well in his review of the ML and I am hoping I find the same results.

Thanks again.
>Lastly in 5 to 10 years every amp will be a digital model and every hi-end pre willbe like the DEQX<

What a ridiculous statement that is.

And BTW, Chazzbo, is english a second language for you?

Oz
Mdomnick - I know you bought the ML Depth, and I hope you're happy with it of course. I didn't see this post until now, but still think I should relay my experience.

While I'm sure the ML subs are good subs, I spent some time auditioning them and found the lack of adjustments to be a deal-breaker to me. I spent plenty of time comparing the ML Dephth and Descent to the REL Strata. The ML subs only have 2 crossover points, something like 40hz and 70hz. So if one of these two crossover points isn't the perfect integration with your speakers, then you're pretty much out to lunch with one of these subs. I couldn't get either ML sub to integrate with my dynaudios nearly as well as the REL Strata, but I hope it works out for you.

I ended up purchasing a velodyne DD15. With its remote control, I can change it from being fast, accurate, and musical and integrated with my Dyns for classical, jazz, etc. Then I can hit a button to change the EQ curve a little bit to rock out with AC/DC. Then I can hit another button to crank it and make Jurassic park a blast. All of which will be using the built in EQ to fix major +/- 10db peaks and valleys that my room brings. I feel as though bass equilization is an ABSOLUTE necessity, unless you have measured your room to be flat.

That type of functionality is worth my money.