The Audio Critic

Thoughts?
lisaandjon
Rodman - "no one has ever (yes, ever!) heard a difference between two amplifiers with high input impedance, low output impedance..low distortion..."

Aczel is saying is that amplifiers of similar design will sound similar. I believe, although I'm not sure, that modern SS amps have high input impedance and low output impedance. I believe that SET amplifiers do not have these characteristics. He considers SETs to be an idiotic design, but that's another issue.
As to the Fourier issue, as I recall, and I am willing to be corrected on this, Aczel believed that most speakers were riddled with fundamental errors that a "C+ student in engineering" would never make. He was of the opinion that a speaker designed without these flaws would sound better than anything out there and he became involved with Fourier to help design such a speaker.

Again, to the best of my recollection, I knew that Aczel was involved with Fourier when he reviewed that speaker and that he was just saying "I told you so". But many others seem to remember it differently.
GEof,

Maybe. Kids know best sometimes.

Then again someone else once said "Thinking is the best way to travel".
@ Chayro- He didn't say, "similar." He said,
"NO one has EVER HEARD a difference...." and yet,
even he heard differences in solid state amps, and made
recommendations based on such, quite often. And then; Dave's
post contains one of his quotes, "all amplifiers having high
input impedance, low output impedance, flat frequency
response, low distortion, and low noise floor sound exactly
the same." Regarding wire: all someone needs is Rat Shack?
"Tubes are for boobs?" Like I said, "utterly
disregardable."