Do you enjoy the sound at your local Theater Plex?

Can you tell what kind of audio system is used? Is it "audiophile" sound quality?
128x128mapman
Most of the cinemas I'm familiar with use entry level professional QSC amps... the RMX series. Entry level QSC amps are very reliable and cheap. As far as sound goes in the movie theaters.. everything always sounds clean to me, but their speakers never seem to disappear like my speakers do in my audio room. Anyway, I don't let that loud shit distract me from enjoying the movie... I actually kind of like it. BTW, I thought Interstellar was a really good movie.. I actually enjoyed it immensely!
Drubin - I wish I had been to your IMAX! I thought the visuals were great at the IMAX in Westminster, CO, but the LFE channel was turned up so loud I could not hear the dialog. There are several posts on the web about it, so it wasn't just my aging, rock-abused ears. Even my wife, who has radar-ears said the same thing. Also the movie could have used tighter editing, it was at least 15 minutes too long. Just my $0.02, YMMV.
Agreed with way too loud volume. The over all sound is usually unrefined, compressed, hard and edgy......but that is usually the way the sound track has been mastered. In combination with a system that is made more to industrial standards presents with limitations.
Went to see a flick Xmas eve. TOO LOUD! Otherwise not bad. Sort of a wall of sound which was at least clear and detailed.