Six Moons charges for reviews?

I recently heard from an audio manufacturer that Srajan from 6 Moons requested payment to publish the company's review that was in-progress. I have used 6 Moons for many years believing them to be unbiased. It would be disappointing if this practice was widespread. Anyone know if this is "normal" business for reviewers? Have I just been naive? It would not be the first time.
mcmanus
There are pros and cons with everything. Sixmoons reviewers generally do a decent job of covering both. No reason to be negative about most products, rather, be agnostic, describe the product to just help people familiarize and decide if right for them or not and be done with it. Just being objective about these things is the key.

My main complaint about sixmoons is the tangents that the reviewers go off on with regularity. The reviews are seldom very concise. But on the other hand we all love this stuff right so why not just go with the flow, enjoy reading and wena what one might out of whatever is written.

I could complain about sixmoons all day probably, but bottom line is I;'d rather sixmoons and other write anything than nothing at all. This audio stuff does not get all that much attention these days compared to other newer and trendier areas of technology.
As part of my job, I "run" a "free" informational website that is supported, but not influenced by advertising. So I sympathize with Srajan. I think that his approach is reasonable. It is clearly stated, and the rationale clearly explained. Before implementing his policy, he gave time and space for debate. Etc. 6Moons is not a charity. It must be supported somehow. There are only a few ways: subscriptions, advertisements, donations. Srajan has always struck me as a fair and independent reviewer. I have not noticed a change.
I've had the opportunity to hear enough of 6 Moons reviewed components to trust their impressions, no integrity issues in my opinion. Srajan in particular has no problems pointing out negative findings or providing a word of caution regarding components. He gives much effort and time to direct competitor component comparisons and stating the differences (some other sites/magazines shy away from this aspect). Their audio reviews are some of the most informative and complete that I have read. I wish them the best.
Charles,
People please: if you expect to read a review for free then expect the value contained therein to be worth no more than the price of admission. Where anyone believes they have any right of access to something of value without compensation is plain wrong. And if you do happen to be entertained, even modestly, by something you can read for free on the Internet, then be happy for what you have gained for little effort and time.

I am so sick and tired of this something for nothing attitude that is so pervasive in today's society.