Has anyone ever stacked Martin Logan CLS panels

The Quad ESL 57 has been stacked. I am curious has anyone other than me ever given it a thought or has done it to the CLS.I used to have a pair of stacked 57's and the improvement over a single pair was amazing.
lacee
THe logistics of doing that would probably make stacking very difficult. If you can figure a way to do that it would be most impressive looking though. I think that the two seprate speakers for each channel would defeat some of the benefits of using the CLS panels. THey act as a line source. It could convolute the soundstage. Since you have a spare pair of CLS I will be more than happy to take them off your hands.

:)
Quote Bignerd100: "I think that the two seprate speakers for each channel would defeat some of the benefits of using the CLS panels. THey act as a point source."

Actually the CLS behaves as a Line Source as do all of the Martin Logans hybrids above the bass driver crossover point. If you built a rigid frame which stacked the panels intimately together, I see two potential problems- Avoiding having the joint between the panels anywhere near ear level, and sorting out appropriate amplification for the high voltage transformer circuits. I imagine the panel pairs would need to be series connected to avoid your amplifier seeing a near short circuit at high frequencies. Build a pair of appropriate 8'+ tall open baffle subwoofers with say 6 12" IB drivers per side to handle low-to-mid bass frequencies and you'd have a poor man's ML Statement !

Happy Trails!
[email protected]
I don't have any actual experience with this, but, I wonder if there might be greater benefits by putting one behind the other back to back?
Why stop at 2? How about 4 per stereo side. The increased panel area could eliminate the need for a subwoofer. Each speaker should have its own dedicated amp (8 channels total) and you'll probably need some sort of distribution amp between the preamp and the power amps. On second thought, it might be easier to just go with the larger Sound Labs.